Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default RTF UserForm Run-time error question

You could use an autoopen() macro in a template that is stored in the Word
startup folder to display a userform that is in that template.

The userform would then be displayed when any document is opened.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"webeinky" wrote in message
Hello,

I hope someone can help me with an issue I am up against.

Our main software program uses RTF formatted documents to create merge
documents using the data from the program. We don't have an option, we
must
use RTF.

I have recently been assigned a project to create a large merge document.
have created a UserForm to capture and use some data that is not available
in
the software program.

I want this UserForm to open immediately. I find if I use AutoOpen (set
up
connected to the document €“ instead of connected to the Normal.doc) when I
try to merge this document at another PC I get a Run-time Error '91. And
the
UserForm does not open. (If I merge it using the PC the original doc was
created on the UserForm opens immediately and without error)

I also tried creating a Macro to manually run to open the UserForm. And
at
another PC again I get the Run-time Error '91. But I can hit "End" and
then
run the Macro which works.

Is there any way to program a RTF document to automatically open a
UserForm
without getting the Run-time Error no matter who is merging the document?

Thank you in advance for your help.

--
Nancy