Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Soft hyphen

In the Symbol dialog, select the Special Characters tab and insert the
No-Width Optional Break.

http://word.mvps.org

"degas1900" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2007. In WordPerfect there is the ability to insert what
is
called a "soft hyphen" when an "either/or" word combo needs to be split
after
the slash but not show the hyphen. Example: the words vehicle/component
appear at the end of a line but is too long and needs to be split after
the
slash. I do not want to manually put in a space after the slash because
if I
later edit the paragraph I'll have to remember to go back and take out the
space. Does Word 2007 have the ability to insert this feature? If so,
where
in the heck is it on the ribbon or toolbar?