Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Stop bullets elsewhere changing

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter Fraser" wrote in message

I write quite long documents (50 to 60 sides) using Word 2007. I quite
often need to use formatting such as bullets or numbering. However, I
note that changing bullets on one page changes a whole bunch of bullets
(or even removes them completely) elsewhere. I can't see this
immediately as I am on one page while the changes are elsewhere. How
can I stop Word from doing this? I know that sometimes control-z gets
rid of surplus formatting but I surely don't need to do this every
time?

I have tried to look at some pages explaining bulleting in word - they
make little sense to me. All I want to do is to change the formatting
on one page without messing anything else up. Why does Word seem to
want to change styles affecting the whole document when you only want
to change the text in question?

--
Peter Fraser