Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Outline Numbering

Note that the notification feature is broken in the newsgroups.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Moihi" wrote in message
Thank you for the very useful help which fixed it. And sorry for the delay, I
thought I'd get a handy notification in my email when you replied...!
Jane.

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Thanks. I hope it's helpful.

Stefan Blom wrote:
Clever trick!

Pamelia Caswell wrote:
It is all too easy to get the fields turned around. I recently found this
way
to help keep things straight:
Temporarily set the start at value for each level to the numbering level
value (level
2 starts at 2, etc.). When you insert the previous levels, you'll
immediately see whether the order is correct. Be sure to set the start
at's
back to 1 before you exit the dialog.

Pam

.