Dawn Reid Dawn Reid is offline
Junior Member

Location: New Jersey
Send a message via Skype™ to Dawn Reid
Question Editing An Area of a Form Protected Word DOT/DOC MS 2010

I have a template that I am updating. I have an embedded Excel file in the Word Doc/Dot. The excel file is an AQL calculator. So, when the user double-clicks the icon in the Word Form, Excel opens and the calculator can be used. However, the Word file is protected from furhter content editing--other than what can be entered into a field, the Excel link/icon cannot be activated. It is also protected in the Word Form.

How can I maintain protection for the content in the Word Form, but allow for this embedded Excel object to be accessible for use?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Dawn Reid : April 16th 15 at 04:31 PM