Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Caption numbers are wrong

I _think_ Word will assign the numbers in the order the graphics were added
to the document. So try completely deleting them, and any blank paragraphs
before and after just in case, and add them in in the order you want the
numbers to go.

You could also put them in a table with no border lines.

On Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 9:31:03 PM UTC-4, pez wrote:
I'm trying to insert 4 figures into a document, with caption numbers
running 1, 2, 3, 4 from upper left, upper right, bottom left, bottom
right.

When word 2010 does this it sets the numbers as 2, 3, 4, 1.

I have tried everything I can think of including putting the images into
text boxes, using text wrapping and not, setting the page layout to two
columns and whatever I do word screws up the numbers.

Any ideas? Please!!!