Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Caption numbers are wrong

When caption numbers are in text boxes, Word assigns numbers based on the
relative location of text box *anchors*. Display object anchors (File tab |
Options | Display: "Object Anchors") and then drag the anchors so that they
are (1) attached to different paragraphs and (2) in logical order, meaning
that the caption that should have number 1 must be attached to (say) the
second paragraph, and the caption that should have number 2 must be attached
to a later paragraph.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"pez" wrote in message
news

I'm trying to insert 4 figures into a document, with caption numbers
running 1, 2, 3, 4 from upper left, upper right, bottom left, bottom
right.

When word 2010 does this it sets the numbers as 2, 3, 4, 1.

I have tried everything I can think of including putting the images into
text boxes, using text wrapping and not, setting the page layout to two
columns and whatever I do word screws up the numbers.

Any ideas? Please!!!

--
pez