I agree with the OP, though, that this is sometimes not as convenient as
being able to just type in a number. What I usually do is select one row,
right-click, choose Insert Rows, then select the new row along with the
previous one (two rows) and press F4, select the four rows and F4, and so on
until I get the needed number. That's still very inefficient compared to
typing in a number, though.

"Luc" wrote in message
Hello,
Select as many rows as you want to add, click on the button to add rows,
it's the one which you use to insert a table in the standard toolbar. The
shape of the button should change into an arrow pointing at two rows. Word
will add as many rows as you selected. The same thing can be achieved with
the menu table - insert - rows above/below.
Luc
"Adding rows to tables" Adding rows to
schreef in bericht
news
In earlier versions of Word, I seem to remember that clicking
Table\Insert\Rows produced a "how many?" question. Now, I cannot add 10
or
12 rows in the middle of a table. Well, I could enter some one at a

time
and
then copy and paste, but a product as sophisticated as Word should allow
me
to add multiple rows.

Somtimes, I can add multiple rows at the end of a table, but next time,

can't make that work.