Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Steve T[_2_] Steve T[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 H&S changing the default line spacing

No need to reply. I got it. Just being stupid. The before and after did
it. Thanks.

"Steve T" wrote:

Here is the description of Normal as described in Modify for Normal style:

Font: (Default) +Body, Left, Line spacing: single, Space After: 10 pt,
Widow/Orphan control, Style: Quick Style, Following style: No Spacing

I still cannot correct this. Thanks for the help!!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Make sure to set Spacing Before/After to zero for the style you are using.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Steve T" wrote in message
I did exactly as advised for both scenarios. What now happens is when I
open
a new document and start typing and if I hit return, it double spaces.
Any
return or new line after that is single spaced. If I type a full sentance
with no return or new line and let it automatically word wrap, it single
spaces. How do I correct this?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Open normal.dotm. Set the style at the cursor to the no spacing style (or
edit the normal style to have no spacing) type a character. Delete it and
save the template.

Steve T wrote:
Is there no way to set the default for new documents to no spacing?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

That behavior is by design. Word only transfers style settings to the
template when you tell it to do so.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Steve T" wrote in message
I read the 6-25 posts and responses. I am unable to get the
default to save
to single spacing. Although the steps in the previous posts were a
little different than what I see, I found the correct places to
make the changes. It will not save "New documents based on this
template". It always reverts
back to "Only in this document". Please advise. Thanks.