Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Global command to restart all numbered lists at 1?

In Word, the safest way to restart numbering is to make it part of a
multilevel list, having higher levels restart lower ones.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bufossil" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007 on a Windows XP platform.

I have a document that is nearly 300 pages long. It was produced with a
different authoring tool, which publishes output to Word.

When the content arrived in Word 2007, not a single one of the numbered
lists started over at 1. When I check the List Number style, the
properties
say, "Start at: 1", but it never did.

Is there a global command to restart all List Number sets at 1? There is
at
least one Heading 2 and one Heading 3 between each set of numbered lists.

Thank you!

Tim