Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Default Select Data Source - How can I set up file open to go to the last

Hi ?B?cGFibG8=?=,

In word when i open a data source for a mail merge, I have to click through
3 4 layers to get to the excel file I need, how can i set up the Select Data
Source window to look in the last place I selected a file from?

Unfortunately, you don't mention the version of Word you're using? What folder
are you currently defaulting to? Have you considered creating a Windows
Shortcut in this folder to the other locations where you have data sources?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)