Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Function of I beam symbol

The I-beam is usually the representation of your mouse pointer when it's in
a text area. It should change to an arrow when it's over a menu or toolbar,
though.

http://word.mvps.org

"Hank" wrote in message

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Go into Word Options and disable 'Enable Click and Type'. It's the work
of
the devil.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Hank" wrote in message
In addition to the heavy vertical line of the insertion point, a light
beam
also appears. It wanders around in the window, sometimes going up into
the
ribbon, where it causes unwanted changes that I have to correct.

How can I correct this problem?

Thanks much

.
I disabled "enable click and type" The problem persists, even in the
writing of this reply.