Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Hank Hank is offline

Default Function of I beam symbol

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

The usual reason for a 'wondering' cursor is an oversensitive touchpad. Have
you tried disabling the Touchpad to see if that eliminates the problem?

Terry

"Hank" wrote in message

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Are you using a laptop with a touchpad?

Terry

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Go into Word Options and disable 'Enable Click and Type'. It's the work
of
the devil.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Hank" wrote in message
In addition to the heavy vertical line of the insertion point, a light
beam
also appears. It wanders around in the window, sometimes going up into
the
ribbon, where it causes unwanted changes that I have to correct.

How can I correct this problem?

Thanks much

.
I'm using a Lenovo S 10 net book with a touch pad, but I'm not using the
touch pad. I'm using MS Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000.

.
An over sensitive touch pad was indeed the problem. I could not find instructions on disabling, so I removed the driver. Thanks much.