jkitzy

Default Renumbering issue.

Help!

Here's what I have going. I am writing procedure manuals and use numbered
Headings as well as master/sub documents.

My Heading 1 is the book level. It is unnumbered.

Heading 2 is the Chapter level. It is numbered, restarting with each
subdocument. Appears only at beginning of subdocuments and is used in the
page numbereing scheme (i.e., 1-1, 1-2, and 2-1, 2-2)

Heading 3 is the Procedure level, which is unnumbered.

Heading 4 is the Step level, numbered and must restart at each Heading 3.

I can't seem to keep the "restart numbering" switch to work, and on some of
my Heading 4 levels, it's grayed out in the dialog box.

This is mucho frustrating. I don't really want to go the expense of getting
Framemaker, but I'm at a loss here. Is this a glitch or is there a legitimate
work around that I can use. Any help is appreciated.