LarryranTX

Just a couple of observations:

1. NEVER use Word Master documents - they are guaranteed to corrupt!

2. WordPerfect can do what you want, and is much less expensive than
FrameMaker. (And their Master documents / sub-documents actually work with
no problems!)

Larry Randall
Word Expert

"jkitzy" wrote:

Robert,

Thanks so much for your response. It's unfortunate that the numbering issues
are so wonky in Word. The point is to have the numbering automated in such a
way as to prevent having to review entire documents for accurate numbering
when steps are added, sections or deleted, you get the idea.

For those of us trying to make things less complicated in long document
creation, there simply isn't a good alternative in Word to help us.

For now, I'll just have to manually go in and check everything, every time,
or go back to the old one chapter, one document and piece them together in
something like Acrobat to create my long document.

Thanks again for your help.

--jkitzy