Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
jstar99 jstar99 is offline

Default MS Word's View of Tables and Figures

Hi,

Does anyone know how MS Word decides something is a "Table" or
"Figure"? When I look in cross-reference, I only have two of my tables
listed and no figures. When I create a Table of Figures or Tables it
seems to have found a whole bunch more.

My table/figure captions are set up with fields, not Word's built-in
captioning tool so I just wondered how Word was designating the
different elements and why the cross-referencing and the
table/index-building tools do not see the same tables and figures or
why they see any at all (index actually sees none, probably because I
didn't bother setting something else up - lol)?

Thanks so much!