Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How can I make the Spanish upside down punctuation?

Do not try to use the separate tilde symbol ~ to try to make combinations
like ñ. There are characters already in the font for these combinations.
Look farther down in the Insert Symbol dialog.

For example, ñ is character number 241 when the character code dropdown is
set to "ASCII (decimal)". Also, there are default shortcuts for most of
these characters; for this one, press and release the Ctrl, Shift, and ~
keys together, then press the n key.

If you need to combine a tilde with some character for which there isn't an
existing combination, then you can use the "combining tilde" at Unicode
value 0303 (as a shortcut, type 0303 in the document and press Alt+X) or an
EQ field (http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

silver wrote:
I'm trying to use the "insert symbol" to add a tilda over an n. When
I click on the tilda to add it, it just adds a tilda and no n. How do
I get the symbol over the letter? Thanks,

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The Insert | Symbol dialog is available in Publisher as well.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Former IT''er" wrote in
message ...
Thank you. I wasn't able to get it to work in Publisher, but I was
able to in Word and then copied and pasted it into my Publisher
document.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Carin Massaro" Carin wrote in
message ...
I know that alt 130 = é but I do not know how what sequence is
used for the Spanish upsaide down question mark and the
exclamation. Does anyone know?