Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Delete a column with a checkbox

The problem with doing that sort of thing is that there is no going back if
you change your mind.

The following code run on exit from the checkbox will however give you a
chance to change your mind:

Dim Response
With ActiveDocument
If .FormFields("Check1").CheckBox.Value = True Then
Response = MsgBox("Are you sure that you want to delete the
column?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo)
If Response = vbYes Then
.Unprotect
.Tables(1).Columns(3).Delete
.Protect wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset
End If
End If
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"sg" wrote in message
I have a table that has 3 columns - sometimes I need the last column and
sometimes I don't. Is it possible to put a formfield checkbox at the top
of
the column so that if it is not checked, the column will be deleted?

Likewise, some of the rows may be needed, some may not. Can I also put a
checkbox in front of each row to control which can be deleted and which
cannot?