Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Art Nittskoff Art Nittskoff is offline

Default insert picture or text box across 2 columns WITHOUT column lin

Bob,

I will try to give you as many details as I can.

I have tried this with a picture (jpg) and a text box and the results are
the same.

I am using office 2007

I get the picture from my hard drive. I hit insert picture, click on the one
I want, and it inserts it.

To get that line I am talking about, I go to page layout, columns and check
the line between box.

Then I right click it and hit format. I click text wrap and then hit tight.

If I put the picture in the middle of the two colums, it shows the column
dividing line thru the middle. Just in case this was only a screen issue, I
also printed it and the line is there.

I have never adjusted transparency (nor do I know how), so I do not know if
that is an issue.

I sure appreciate all the help. If it helps, I can email you the file. You
can email me at and tell me where to send it.
--
Thanks Very Much!

Art Nittskoff

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Are you referring to a *picture* or a text box? You've used both terms but
they are *not* the same thing. If you're actually dealing with a text box
you need to apply a [white?] Fill. Text boxes have no Fill by default which
would explain why the Column separator line is showing through.

If it actually is a picture, exactly what type of "picture" is it? Is it
positioned in a Header/Footer? Please be as explicit as you can about what
it is & where it is.

No offense -- I'm not saying you aren't seeing what you're seeing -- but
what you're describing is virtually impossible unless (a) there is something
you're not disclosing (such as a transparency issue) or (b) there is
something seriously wrong. The separator line between columns is a part of
the text body component of the document, whereas floating graphic objects
are not. Floating graphics are in a separate "layer" of the document, either
beneath [Headers/Footers] or in front of the text layer. All text wrapping
options except Behind Text & Through make the object float atop (or in front
of) the text layer.

Also, what version of Word are you using & where did the picture come from?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/28/09 4:40 PM, in article
, "Art Nittskoff"
wrote:

The column divide line still goes down thru the middle of the picture, even
if I change it to top or bottom, or square or tight.