Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default insert picture or text box across 2 columns WITHOUT column lin

Not a bug, exactly, just behavior "by design," I suppose. Would you consider
eliminating the line between columns? Is it really necessary?

http://word.mvps.org

"Art Nittskoff" wrote in message
I have tried all the different wraps. I really need the tight wrap. Is this
bug in the program?
--
Thanks Very Much!

Art Nittskoff

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I think the problem is with the Tight wrap. If you set the wrapping to In
Front of Text, you would not see the line, but you also wouldn't be able
wrap the text tightly around the picture.

http://word.mvps.org

"Art Nittskoff" wrote in message
Bob,

I will try to give you as many details as I can.

I have tried this with a picture (jpg) and a text box and the results
are
the same.

I am using office 2007

I get the picture from my hard drive. I hit insert picture, click on
the
one
I want, and it inserts it.

To get that line I am talking about, I go to page layout, columns and
check
the line between box.

Then I right click it and hit format. I click text wrap and then hit
tight.

If I put the picture in the middle of the two colums, it shows the
column
dividing line thru the middle. Just in case this was only a screen
issue,
also printed it and the line is there.

I have never adjusted transparency (nor do I know how), so I do not
know
if
that is an issue.

I sure appreciate all the help. If it helps, I can email you the file.
You
can email me at and tell me where to send it.
--
Thanks Very Much!

Art Nittskoff

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Are you referring to a *picture* or a text box? You've used both terms
but
they are *not* the same thing. If you're actually dealing with a text
box
you need to apply a [white?] Fill. Text boxes have no Fill by default
which
would explain why the Column separator line is showing through.

If it actually is a picture, exactly what type of "picture" is it? Is
it
positioned in a Header/Footer? Please be as explicit as you can about
what
it is & where it is.

No offense -- I'm not saying you aren't seeing what you're seeing --
but
what you're describing is virtually impossible unless (a) there is
something
you're not disclosing (such as a transparency issue) or (b) there is
something seriously wrong. The separator line between columns is a
part
of
the text body component of the document, whereas floating graphic
objects
are not. Floating graphics are in a separate "layer" of the document,
either
beneath [Headers/Footers] or in front of the text layer. All text
wrapping
options except Behind Text & Through make the object float atop (or in
front
of) the text layer.

Also, what version of Word are you using & where did the picture come
from?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/28/09 4:40 PM, in article
, "Art Nittskoff"
wrote:

The column divide line still goes down thru the middle of the
picture,
even
if I change it to top or bottom, or square or tight.