Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Default Character Limitation - a table cell in Word 2003

Hi KDC,

Excel does not limit you to 255 characters in a cell. Excel 2000, for example, allows 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in the
cell but all 32,767 display in the formula bar.

In Word, you can fit a string about 32 megabytes long into a cell, but I wouldn't recommend it.

If you want to find out Word's or Excel's capacities, use Help with 'limits' as the subject.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]