Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SSDLUE SSDLUE is offline

Default Why do I get syntax error when I try to enter {={NUMPAGES}-1}

I am just trying to enter a simple formula in my footer because I have
multiple sections in the document and want to exclude the title page in the
count. I must be missing something really basic about writing formulas in
Word. I can get a simple numerical calculation to work, i.e =(5-2), but when
I try to subtract from the NUMPAGES, then I get syntax error. I've been
entering in the "insert" formula" and also toggling field within the
document. No luck though.