Roger Giler

Terry:
Thanks. I musta fumbled to the wrong menu. I will take three demerits.

Now I am in the right General Menu. The two checkboxes referring to
WordPerfect are there but perfectly blank.
Arghh.
Roger

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
Open Word: go to Tools, Options, and select the GENERAL TAB. Do you not
see
two WordPerfect options listed? Yes you do. Uncheck them.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Roger G." wrote in message
: Suzanne:
:
: Thanks for the Reference, but I must be brain dead. I don't find any
: reference to WordPerfect where the link says it should be. I am using
: Office 2003 pro.
:
: To partially quote you:
: This is an indication that you have checked one or more of the options
: referring to WordPerfect on the General tab of Tools | Options. Clear
both
: check boxes, and you will not be asked for delete confirmation again.
:
: I am a migrant from WordPerfect, so at least that zeroes in on the
problem.
:
: Thanks.
:
: Roger
:
:
: "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: ...
: See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...DeleteText.htm
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup
: so
: all may benefit.
:
: "Roger G." wrote in message
: ...
: I have a minor problem. When I select a group of words in a document,
: cannot delete it using the Delete key. If I place the cursor before
the
: words, I can delete one character at a time, or I can Copy and Paste
over
: the text, or I can right-click and select Cut. Otherwise the Delete
key
: is
: OK.
:
: This happen only on my laptop, so I assume that I messed up something
in
: Tools | Options, but what?
:
: Any suggestions? Thanks.