Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter A Peter A is offline

Default Hyperlinks and Format Problem

In article ,
says...
I'm using Word and XP and have just encountered a problem I can't fix (or
figure out how I changed it) In all of my Word documents the hyperlinks are
all enclosed in brackets {} and say HYPERLINK. And in the headers and footers
if I try to insert an auto page number it says PAGE instead of inserting the
number.

Any idea what I did to change this or how I can correct it?
thanks

Display the View tab of the Options dialog box and turn off the Field
Codes option.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers