Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail Merge to multiple docs to save as multiple files

The template that you downloaded needs to be saved in the Word Startup
folder, which for your system will be located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application
Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"jimbeem16" wrote in message
Yes, I've read the information. Since your response I have since reread
Note
2 and closed Outlook before opening Word and opened Word from the start
menu.
I have the Macro I downloaded saved to the desktop and have to open it
separately. Is this part of the problem? And if so how do I fix that?

By template do you mean the macro or the template I'm trying to split? The
template/doc I'm trying to merge and save to separate files is on our
company
server.

I'm using Xp and Office 2003.

My boss has since given me a mandate to have this figured out by Dec 8th.
Thank you for your quick response. Please help again.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Have you read all of the introductory information on Graham's website,
particulaly Note 2.

Where do you have the template installed?

What is your operating system and what version of Office are you using?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"jimbeem16" wrote in message
I recently read a post about someone with the same problem...I'm trying
save my (mail) merged docs to multiple files so that they're not all in
one
file. I followed the instructions and the link given by Doug Robbins to
site by (I believe) Graham Mayor that lists step by step instructions
for
Macro that is supposed to do exactly that. I'm kosher up until the part
that
says to merge and you have the option to select 'all', 'current', or
'selected pages'...after this the instructions say the macro should
kick
in
and another box should pop up asking to 'split to separate files' and
this
does not happen. Please help. I don't know how to troubleshoot this
sort
of
thing or where to go from here. Below is the link to the previously
mentioned
site.

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

.