Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Headers with numbers in front of them and table of contents

The simplest way to do this is to click on the Modify button in the Insert
Table of Contents dialog and then modify each of the TOC styles that are
used in your table of contents so that the Paragraph has a negative left
indent sufficiently large to put the number off the left edge of the paper
and has a left aligned tab stop at the point where you want the title of the
heading to appear (probably 0) and a right aligned tab stop with a dot
leader at the right hand margin.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"robnsd" wrote in message
I have headers with letters in front of them. I want to use those
headers in the table of contents but I don't want the numbers
included. For example:

A. Physical Characteristics

In the Table of Contents I want

Physical Characteristics 14