Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
janey janey is offline

Default Custom Dictionary

It just flags it up as unknown. When I 'add to dictionary', the checker does
not move to the next word to check as it usually does.

I looked in my custom dictionary and it is shown. I have put it in
Autocorrect, which seems to work but I can't find how I make it 'no
proofing'.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Does the spell check mark this as incorrect? When I checked (with my
personal dictionaries switched off) this was not marked as a spelling
error.Both hi and build appear to be in the default dictionary.

If you want Hi-Build to be always spelled with a non-breaking hyphen, make
a formatted autocorrect entry for Hi-Build with a standard hyphen (add the
no proofing option to the formatted replacement if necessary).

"janey" wrote in message
news
I want to add Hi-Build (with a non-breaking hyphen) to a custom
dictionary in Word 2007 (UK spelling). The spell checker will neither add
it to my dictionary nor ignore it.

I have tried editing the dictionary directly and I can get as far as
Hi-Buil but then the Add button is greyed out.

Can anyone help please?