Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
John F.H. John F.H. is offline

Default "Hanging letters" cut off in table

Using Word 2003. I have very limited space in a Word table, where the rows
must be 0.09 in height, and the font must be Ariel 7. The hanging portion of
lower-case letters, such as g, j, and y, are being cut off at the bottom.
I've tried "raising" the font, aligning the cell to the top, even using
superscript with a larger font size. I still cannot get the lettering to
press right up against the top of the cell, even though I've set the top of
the cell's margin to 0. I try increasing the bottom margin in the cell but
it still won't budge.

Is there some way to vertically justify text in a table cell so those
hanging letters won't get cut off? Auto-fit contents doesn't help. The
physical space in the cell seems to allow for more than enough room, but Word
insists on maintaining some sort of gap between the top of the letters and
the top of the cell...