Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CC CC is offline

Default Microsoft Word 2007

I went to the site you suggested %appdata%\microsoft\templates and the "normal"
template is wrong and is exactly what I have on my word 2007 now and it says
that I modified it on May 29, 2010. I now know when I changed it but I cannot
figure out how I did it. How can I get back to the default settings? where
do I go to remane the template "normal.old...in what section?
--
cc

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you haven't got a backup of your normal template from before the cock-up,
then rename the normal template normal.old. This will set the default
template to install defaults.

If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have not)
enter or copy
%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
to the address window of Windows Explorer or your Internet Explorer (not
Firefox) browser and you will be taken to the folder that contains the
default template - which for Word 2007 is normal.dotm.

"cc" wrote in message
I have done something to my Microsoft Word 2007 program that has caused me
alot of stress. I have used this program for 3 years without difficulties.
In the last week I did something to make the Word program "redo the
original
settings."
When I open up Microsoft Word 2007, the indentation was at 0, now it is
at
1.5
The spacing was at 0 and now it is at 8pt.
The page numberings that aligned to the left, right or center are all
off..maybe 5 or 6 spaces where they should be.
I don't know what I did however, I know I must have done something. My
older
documents are fine with all of the original settings.
Is there a way to "reset" all of the original settings of the Microsoft
Word 2007.
I need Help.
--
cc