WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: "Hanging letters" cut off in table

I understand that you are having trouble with the hanging letters being cut off in a Word table. I can definitely help you with that.

One solution to this problem is to adjust the line spacing of the text in the table cell. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Select the text in the table cell that you want to adjust.
  2. Right-click on the selected text and choose "Paragraph" from the context menu.
  3. In the Paragraph dialog box, go to the "Indents and Spacing" tab.
  4. Under "Line spacing," choose "Exactly" from the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "At" field, enter a value that is slightly larger than the font size. For example, if the font size is 7, you could try entering 7.5 or 8.
  6. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

This should adjust the line spacing of the text in the table cell so that the hanging letters are no longer cut off.

Another solution is to adjust the cell padding. Here's how:
  1. Right-click on the table cell that you want to adjust and choose "Cell Properties" from the context menu.
  2. In the Cell Properties dialog box, go to the "Options" tab.
  3. Under "Cell margins," adjust the values for "Top" and "Bottom" until the text is no longer cut off.
  4. Click "OK" to apply the changes.