Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MaryL MaryL is offline

Default Need help creating a church newsletter

I have a lot of experience with WordPerfect but not with Word. I agreed to
take on the task of preparing our church newsletter. That will involve some
full-page text, some columns, and inserting some pictures. I am using Word
2007 but will have to save the newsletter to an earlier version for our
church secretary (probably using Word 97-2003 document under "save as"). I
experimented by creating a template. However, that saved to the *.docx
extension, and she could not open it. So, I plan to just use a master copy
and copy-and-paste on top of that.

I have two basic questions (so far):
First, are there any templates in MS that I could look to as guides? If so,
where would I find them?
Second, I can't even find "help" to start me off in looking up information.
All of my other programs have a help file in the upper-right corner, but it
is not in that location in my copy of Word. Where would I find it?

Using: MS Office Word 2007 running under Vista Home Premium.

Thanks,
MaryL