Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] moneyaddyct@yahoo.com is offline

Default Cannot Delete Extra Page At End of Document!

On Jan 8, 3:54 am, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
I'm assuming the résumé uses a table. Note that a Word table is always
followed by a paragraph mark, which may insert an extra page if it doesn't
fit on the same page as the table itself. To verify that this has indeed
happened, press Ctrl+Shift+8 to display nonprinting marks; paragraph marks
display as ¶ symbols.

Here's how to get rid of the extra page: Select the paragraph mark after the
table and format it with 1 pt of font size, zero spacing before/after (and
as hidden text, too, if necessary). If you press Ctrl+Shift+8 again to hide
nonprinting marks, the blank page should disappear.

For more on blank pages, seehttp://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message

Hey guys,
I'm having a problem with Word 2007. I created a resume from a
template that I downloaded from the Word database and it created an
extra page at the end of the document that I absolutely cannot delete.
I've tried going into View -- Draft then Home -- Paragraph -- Show/
Hide, but it won't let me delete the page break. I've also tried
highlighting the page and pressing delete, but I can't seem to
highlight the second page without highlighting the text on the first
page and therefore I cannot delete the second page without deleting
the first. Any ideas? This resume is part of my application to law
school and I need it perfect. I can't have an extra page in the
document with nothing on it. Thanks!

Hey, thanks for the reply. I followed your directions and made the
paragraph mark 1pt size, but after I hit ctrl + shift + 8 again, the
page still remained. If I select the 2nd page there's now a tiny 1pt
blinking cursor, but I can't seem to delete the page.