Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default MS Wordpad 5.1 update?

I have all of the Windows XP upadates and I have Wordpad v5.1. I suspect
it's the latest although I can't seem to find anything about it for now.

Could the poster mean "Cannot load Word for Windows 6.0 files"? If so try
this:
You receive a "Cannot load Word for Windows 6.0 files" error message when
you try to open a "What's new in Quicken" file on a computer that is running
Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005, or Windows
Server 2003 Service Pack 1
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870883

I know - no one mentioned Quicken; HOWEVER, it does state why the problem
exists and gives possible workarounds.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Chuck Davis" newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com wrote in message
Install all Windows updates, especially SP2.....
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You'll need to post this in a Windows NG; this one is for Word (not
WordPad,
which is a Windows accessory).

so
all may benefit.

"Helen" wrote in message
Windows XP on my laptop came with Wordpad 5.1. When I try to read .doc

files
that I made on my desktop running Win 98 2nd ed., I get the message
"can't
open Wordpad 6.0 files." It seems to open some but not most of the .doc
files.
Is there an update for Wordpad 5.1?
How can I read these files? Thanks
--