Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Jeff,

I used Tools Envelopes & Labels in Microsoft Word 2000 to create a new
document whole page of one address. I set it to use that particular Avery
label (J8160) and A4 is selected in the Print Setup settings.

Unfortunately the printed addresses do not match the labels properly so some
of the address is cut off on about 6 of the 21 labels.

For info I had this problem on two computers, one running Windows 98, one
running ME. The printer (the same in both cases) is an HP Deskjet 990cxi.

I'm not sure what's going wrong. What other settings should I check and what
should they be?

One possibility is that the printer driver is interpreting the table cells
incorrectly (Word sets out labels in a table). Try downloading and installing
the most up-to-date printer driver from the HP website.

The other possibility is that the Avery Label Wizard isn't working correctly.
(MS licences this for Word to make labels). Check the Avery website whether
there isn't an updated Avery Label Wizard for your version of Word.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org