Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Appearance of square brackets within text

But the bookmarks Word creates are always "hidden" and don't show the
brackets.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Cross-references and tables of contents create bookmarks at the points

they
refer to. That's probably where those came from.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

so
all may benefit.

Nick wrote:
Problem solved. Thanks very much.

As far as I know, I have never intentionally created any bookmarks.Is
it something that can be done accidentally?

Nick

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
They're bookmarks. You can turn the display of them on or off in the
Tools Options View dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Nick wrote:
I am using Word 2003 with XP Home.

I have been working on some medium sized documents (400 to 500K) and
I have found grey square brackets ([ ]) showing up in the text above
where I am writing. They do not declare themselves using the show
punctuation button, and I can not delete them. They do not appear on
the printed output.

Probably an easy one, but I don't understand. Thanks, Nick