Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
S.V.C. S.V.C. is offline

Default Word does not overwritght highlighted texts

For some reason the site was not updating on my end, nor were other responses
showing, even after refreshing. I assumed that something was wrong on my
end, so that nothing was being posted from my computer. Hence, the multiple
hours had passed, and the responses now here did not become visible on my end
until this morning, even after checking late last night.
--
S.V.C.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

How many times do you propose to answer this question?

http://word.mvps.org

"S.V.C." wrote in message
Click ToolsOptions, then on the Edit tab check "Typing replaces selected
text"
--
S.V.C.

"Trollreign" wrote:

This problem first occured several weeks ago. If I highlight a text in
Microsoft Word 2003, and then start typing, the program does not
overwright
the highlighted sections, but start to type before the highlighted text.

This is a problem for me, because a lot of times I need to modify
existing
documents, and this slows down my work very much.

I hope somebody can help me.

.