Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Coloured titles in Word

It probably signifies that the fiels are compressed. On Windows XP,
compressed files were displayed in blue. I am not running Vista, but this
seems the most likely explanation. You can set Windows not to compress
files. Use folders to group files.

Dave wrote:
I am using Office 2003 on a Vista Business PC.
On checking my documents folder, some of the Word document titles are
in green, rather than the standard black type.
It does not alter the behavior of the document as far as I can tell.

Can any advise why / how this has happened ?

If it is an option to change the colour of the titles, then that
could be useful for grouping files.

Thank you