Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Naveen Mukkelli

Default inserting version number in Word documens

Hi,

I'm using Office 2003 and Rational ClearCase for configuration management.
I would like to insert, in either header or footer, the version number of
Word documents that are placed under configuration management.

What I am looking for is, when ever a document has been updated, the new
version number should be inserted automatically into the documents.

Is is possible to do it? if so, please let me know how I can achieve this.

Cheers,

Naveen.