Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Converting MS Word text to standard text for online application

If you copy into Notepad then as Notepad will only handle plain text, that
is what you have!
If it won't copy and paste from Notepad the problems are elsewhere.

jonnyeck wrote:
I need to convert my resume text into standard text to paste it into
an online employment application. So far, I have been unsuccessful. I
have tried copying and pasting the whole document into Notepad, and
then copying and pasting from there, but the employment web page
keeps rejecting it--saying it needs to be converted to standard text
before pasting. I thought I was doing that. Help! I am currently
using MS Office 2003.