Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BD BD is offline

Default Word 2003 - Dynamic Templates

Thank you for suggestion.

In order to your first suggestion I should be able to change this
macro to work properly, but I don't fully understand your second one.
Replace it with bookmarked section? What do you mean exactly? How can
I do this?

How about new templates? I will have to create 15 new contracts and
again with different content and the same Header and Footer. Is there
a way to create new files with capability to changing Headers and
Footers automatic in all those new files?

Best regards,
BD.

On 12 Mar, 10:03, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
With existing templates you have two choices. Either use a batch replace
process to replace the changed text in the templates -http://www.gmayor.com/batch_replace.htmshould get you started though you
will need to change the line myFile = Dir$(PathToUse & "*.doc") to myFile =
Dir$(PathToUse & "*.dot") - or replace the header footer information with
linked bookmarked sections from another document (which will only really be
of benefit of you plan on moving often).

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

"Bartosz Dlugokecki" wrote in message

Hello and welcome,

In my company I have about 20 different contracts' templates. They all
have different content but the same Header and Footer with company's
logo and address.

What I would like to do is to have one file with Header and Footer
where I could change company's address, and it would update those 20
files automatic.

Do you have any ideas or solutions to this problem?

Please let me know.

Best regards,
BD.