Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JR SilverFox JR SilverFox is offline

Default 2007 "Beta" 2 Select All text in 'Normal' view

Thanks Suzanne! It works a treat.
But it leaves my question; was it a considered change? - I cannot now select
the content of a header (in draft mode) where I could in previous versions
using 'normal' view.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Print Preview should update all fields in the header/footer (regardless of
the setting of "Update fields" on the Print tab of Tools | Options [or
whatever the Word 2007 equivalent is]).

"JR SilverFox" wrote in message
Thanks Herb,
Yeah, I had found draft mode as the closest to the old 'Normal', and I

agree
that 'Normal' is an overused term.
I checked again but that doesn't update the header fields as the old
'Normal' used to.
I went through all the obvious views and could not get the header fields

update. Is there a setting I may have wrong?

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Notice that there is no Normal view, per se, in Word 2007. Instead, it's

now
called Draft view, although it's essentially the same as Normal view.

IMO,
this is an improvement, since the word "normal" is so overused in Word
parlance. But, it does make "normal" view hard to discover...

In the views section of the Status bar, click the right-most icon

(Draft),
press Ctrl+A, F9, and fields in headers and footers should still be

updated,
just as in previous versions of Word.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"JR SilverFox" JR wrote in message
Select All text in 'Normal' view no longer selects header and footer.
I used to use ViewNormal, ctrlA, F9 to update all fields in my
documents
which use fields to insert custom properties in the header and body of
documents.
I cannot find a way to select All as in 2000, 2002, 2003.
Have I missed a setting?
I know I can use Print Preview to achieve this but would like to
understand
why this functionality seems to have been removed.