Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire

Default tilde over the letter m and the s that looks like f

The "s" you are referring to is often called the long s. Itis available as
017F (Unicode). You will find it in Inssert, Symbols. You will probably
have a hard time scrolling through to find it. Instead of scrolling just
type in 017F and it should appear. You can use a hot key or other shortcuts
if you plan to use it a lot. No idea about the M, though.

"fortescue" wrote in message news:
How do I put a tilde over the letter m? It appears in the word comande as
used by Thomas (Fortescue) Clermont representing a letter of Sir Faithful
Fortescue in Clermont's book A History of the Family of Fortescue in All
its
Branches (1880).

Also how do I type the s that looks like an f that Clermont used
throughout
his work?