Frank Drost

What I wanted (and have done), is to create a table with
all the numbers and captions of all tables and figures in
a paper. But some of the captions were rather long, and
quite irrelevant to put in a table of "captions". So,
solely for this table with all captions etc, I created,
within each caption of all tables and figures, this code,
like for instance

{"Fig 2.1. Schematic diagram of energy flows" \f U
\l "1" }

In the table of contents (captions), I made a link to the
identifier U instead to the commmon identifier, and so I
got a table of all the purposely specified captions.
This all works, and I am quite proud of it, but I can't
remember how I did it exactly anymore. Not that I have to
change it, but as said, in print layout this code shows
up and pushes all other text down. When I print the
paper, this text of course does not appear, and all the
following text has shifted up nicely. But how can I see
that on my screen?

ta