mtanner427

Thanks. I tried both and neither worked. What I have noticed since posting
the original message is that the problem is actually in the outlining toolbar
when I have a document opened in Word using the outline view. It is the
toolbar that is flickering. When I remove the outlining toolbar, the problem
goes away. Of course, the outline view isn't much good without the toolbar.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?bXRhbm5lcjQyNw==?=,

When I use Word 2003 in outline view the screen jerks erratically up and
down. When I switch to print view, it stops. I am using XP Home on a Dell
Inspiron 4150, but have had the same problem on an older desktop.

Unfortunately, you don't describe under what circumstances you're seeing this,
but... There are really only two things you can try to "settle things down":

1. Upate the graphics card driver

2. Reduce the hardware acceleration on the machine

However, no guarantees since we don't actually know what it is you're
seeing...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org