mtanner427

"Flickering" means appearing and disappearing very quickly. Also, when I
uncheck the box for the outlining tool bar and return to the screen, the
outling toolbar comes back and continues flickering. The buttons don't seem
to be changing position. But the appearing and disappearing of the outling
toolbar makes the rest of the Word screen change size rapidly to accommodate
the toolbar.

When the flickering occurs, I am just staring at the screen. Nothing I do
other than selecting the outline view seems to affect the flickering.

Thanks, again.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?bXRhbm5lcjQyNw==?=,

Thanks. I tried both and neither worked. What I have noticed since posting
the original message is that the problem is actually in the outlining toolbar
when I have a document opened in Word using the outline view. It is the
toolbar that is flickering. When I remove the outlining toolbar, the problem
goes away. Of course, the outline view isn't much good without the toolbar.

Can you be more precise what you mean by "flickering"? Does it appear/disappear?
Do the buttons change position? Or...?

What are you doing when this flickering occurs? Just staring at the monitor?
Typing? Moving between documents? Or...?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)