Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cjshaffer cjshaffer is offline

Default Date and Day issue in Mailmerge

Great thought but i don't think it is the culprit. It must have something to
do with settings or version of the software since I tested it on a different
user at work and had the same thing happen but when I went and tested at home
it came over correct. Still curious to know why though

"macropod" wrote:

Hi cjshaffer,

Are you sure the date stored in Excel isn't actually 3 October 1909 (a Sunday) displayed as 3/10/09 or something such?

--
Cheers
macropod

"cjshaffer" wrote in message ...
I am wondering if anyone has seen the day of the week change from an excel
data source in a mailmerge. I have an event date column in which i had the
date of the event ie October 3, 2009 in it. I formatted the column in Excel
to display the day...Saturday, October 3, 2009. When I choose the data
source for the mail merge it bumps the day up by one day and displays Sunday,
October 3, 2009. Does anyone know why this happens and how I can resolve it?
Thanks