daveocampo

Hello Suzanne,

One follow-up question: I added the macro to my document and then saved it
as a template document. The macro works perfectly. This form I created will
be used by employees outside my organization. It is a standardized form so I
don't want them adding extra lines of text or exceeding the form field length
properties. The macro prevents all of these issues, provided the user
ENABLES the macro. The downside is the user has the option to DISABLE the
macro as part of Microsoft's virus macro security warning. Is there a way to
include in the template an "abort the session" macro if the user selects to
disable the EnterKey macro? Thanks!

Dave

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See €œWD: How to Code ENTER Key to Move to Next Field in Form€
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=211219

"daveocampo" wrote in message
Hi,

I created a Word document template (.dot) with Form Fields, then I saved

the
template in Protected mode and restrict the user to only allow Filling-In

the
Forms Fields; however, if the user hits the Enter key, the form will

generate
a line break and distort the standardized document template. Is there a
macro or function in Word to disable the Enter key in a .dot form field?

If
not, maybe MS Offfice Development Team can add this feature to the Form

Field
Propeties dialog box. Thanks!

David