Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Susan Koziel[_2_] Susan Koziel[_2_] is offline

Default Citation style

The in text citations of both APA and Chicago style do this.
I looked through the style sheet and couldn't find the spot that dealt with
the et al.

I need to switch where the comma occurs before the et al.
so
(author, et al. 2008)
needs to be
(author et al. 2008)

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
-Sue

"Yves Dhondt" wrote:

Yes, if you have XSLT knowledge, you can adapt the style to your needs. The
stylesheets are located at

winword.exe directory\Bibliography\Style

which commonly is

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Bibliography\Style

Which style are you trying to change? And what part? I'm assuming in-text
citations by the brackets. If you could answer these questions, I or someone
else might be able to help you locate more closely as to what to change
where in those large XSL files.

Yves
--
BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styles
http://bibword.codeplex.com

"Susan Koziel" Susan wrote in message
Hi,
Is there any way of changing the citation format from word 2007 slightly.
I've had a comment from a thesis reviewer that (author, et al. 2008) is
incorrect.
It should be (author et al. 2008)
is there a way I can remove the comma from the format.

I realize I may end up making the change and then changing it back once a
different editor gets a hold of it.... but in the mean time I need to
remove
the comma from all the citations with et al.

Thanks.
-Sue