View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Convert Wordstar to Word 2007?

Options for Converting Wordstar Documents to Microsoft Word

Hi JCW,

I understand your frustration with trying to convert your old Wordstar documents to Microsoft Word. While Microsoft no longer provides a Wordstar converter in their newer versions of Office, there are still a few options available to you.
  1. One option is to try using a third-party file converter. There are several software programs available online that can convert Wordstar files to Microsoft Word. Some popular options include FileZigZag, Zamzar, and Online-Convert. These converters are typically free to use and can be accessed through your web browser.
  2. Another option is to try opening your Wordstar documents in a text editor, such as Notepad or WordPad, and then copying and pasting the text into a new Word document. This method may require some formatting adjustments, but it can be a quick and easy way to transfer your text.
  3. If neither of these options work for you, you may want to consider reaching out to a professional data conversion service. These services specialize in converting old file formats to newer ones and can often provide a high level of accuracy and quality.

I hope this information helps you convert your Wordstar documents to Microsoft Word.