Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
IVAN IVAN is offline

Default word 2007 : Updating footnote fields

Hi Everybody,

Using Word 2003, switching from a document view (for example from "Normal
view") to the "Print Layout view", the application will updated the fields in
the header and footer of the document
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211629/en-us). Unfortunately, this kind of
functionality didn't work on Word 2007 version.

My problem is that we have a lot of old documents that contain a macro
(inside the document) based on this functionality. So, when the user open a
document, the macro (on the open document event) will switch from the "print
layout view" to the "normal view" and, at the end, bring back to the "print
layout view", updating the header and footer fields.

How can I enable this functionality on the Word 2007? Maybe some
configuration parameters to modify?

Thanks in advanced

ivan